February 19, 2022
5.4 - THROTTLE ADJUSTMENT K5
Throttle free-play should be 3 – 5 mm (0.10-0.20 in.)
If your throttle has more free-play than specified above, adjustments need to be made. Follow the steps below.
Minor adjustments are generally made with the upper adjuster.
- Pull back the rubber dust cover
- Loosen the lock nut
- Turn the adjuster in the direction will decrease the free-play. Turn the adjuster in the direction will increase free-play.
- Operate the throttle to ensure that it is functioning smoothly, and when released, it returns completely very quickly from full open throttle to fully closed in all steering positions.
- Inspect the condition of the throttle cable from the throttle down to the carburetor. If the cable is nicked or chafed, it must be replaced.
- Lubricate the cable with a commercially available cable lubricant to prevent premature rust and/or corrosion.
- Check the cable for tension or stress in all steering positions.