10.3 - Trouble Shooting - Poor Performance at High Speed
- Examine the Fuel Line – Disconnect the fuel hose at the carburetor.
Is the fuel flowing freely?
NO - Clogged fuel hose/line or clogged fuel filter
- Clogged fuel valve
- Clogged fuel tank breather hose
YES - Go to STEP 2
- Carburetor Inspection – Disassemble the carburetor and check for clogs
Is the carburetor clogged and/or dirty?
NO - Go to Step 3
YES - Carburetor is not serviced frequently enough, contaminated fuel
- Ignition Timing & Valve Train inspection – See your local AJ1 dealer or motorcycle repair shop to have the ignition timing inspected. Only attempt these procedures if you are qualified and have the proper tools required.
Is the ignition timing, valve timing and valve springs normal? (Timing is non-adjustable)
NO - Faulty CDI ignition box
- Faulty ignition pulse generator
- Broken valve spring
- Broken or damaged camshaft sprocket
YES - See your local AJ1 dealer to have your motorcycle serviced.