7.3 - Rear Shock Inspection
Loose, worn or damaged suspension components may affect the stability and handling of your motorcycle. If any of the suspension components seem to be worn or damaged, see your AJ1 dealer for service and/or inspection. Your AJ1 dealer is the most qualified to determine, whether or not replacement parts or service is required. Your motorcycle is new. Break it in for about 2 hours with the original settings before attempting adjustments.
- Move the motorcycle by bouncing it up and down to check for smooth suspension action.
- Check for a broken or damaged spring.
- Check the shock absorber for a bent center shaft or any oil leaks.
- Check the nuts and bolts of the shock for tightness.
- Check the spring adjuster(s) ring for tightness.
- Check the swing arm bolt for tightness.
- Check the bottom linkage nuts and bolts for tightness.
- Push the rear wheel sideways to check for any worn or loose swingarm bearings . If there is, have the bearings replaced by your AJ1 dealer.