9.3 - Chain Roller Inspection
- Check the bottom chain roller for wear and/or damage. Measure the diameter of the drive chain roller and replace it if it falls below the limits indicated below:
Roller: 28 mm (New Roller: 35 mm)
- Check the roller bearings to make sure they are not damaged, and they roll easily. If you feel any resistance while turning the bearing between your fingers, they must be replaced.
- During installation of new rollers, clean the threads of the roller bolt and apply Loc-Tite 243 agent to the threads.
- Tighten the roller bolts and nut.
- Make sure they are tight and will not vibrate off.